David Cassidy was arrested over the weekend in California for DUI. He allegedly submitted to the breath test with a result of 0.19, more than twice the legal limit of 0.08. I recently tried a DUI case with a breath test level of over 0.19, click this link to learn more about my DUI trial here: https://getgrajek.com/case-results/
What would some of the possible penalties be for a 3rd time DUI offense in Florida? It depends in part on when the prior DUI offenses occurred.
- Because the breath test result is greater than 0.15, the fine would be at least $4,000.00 with a maximum of $5,000.00
- If the 3rd conviction is within 10 years of the 2nd DUI conviction, there is a 30 day mandatory jail sentence and at least 48 hours must be consecutive. This is a felony offense under Florida statute 316.193 (3)(b)1.
- If the 3rd conviction is more than 10 years since the second DUI, then imprisonment is capped at 12 months.
- If the 3rd conviction is within 10 years of the 2nd DUI conviction, there is a 90 day impoundment of the vehicle.
- A 3rd DUI conviction within 10 years of the 2nd DUI is a felony punishable by up to 5 years in Florida State Prison (FSP).
- If the 3rd conviction is within 10 years of the 2nd DUI conviction, there is a 10 year driver's license suspension. The driver may be eligible for a hardship reinstatement after 2 years.
- If the 3rd conviction is more than 10 years since the second DUI, then the license suspension is 6 months.
- If the 3rd conviction is within 10 years of the 2nd DUI conviction, there is a 2 years requirement of an ignition interlock device on any car owned or jointly owned by the convicted DUI driver.
A DUI is a very serious offense and expensive criminal offense. It is best to not drink and drive and to use a designated driver. However, if you have been arrested for a DUI, call an experienced DUI attorney that is also a member of the National College of DUI Defense that knows the DUI laws.
DON'T HESITATE!!! YOU ONLY HAVE 10 DAYS AFTER YOUR ARREST TO REQUEST A FORMAL REVIEW!
CALL POLK COUNTY DUI ATTORNEY THOMAS GRAJEK NOW !!!