DUI - IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW!
- You have 10 DAYS, from the date of your arrest, to request a Formal Review or, for 1st time DUI offenders, waive the Formal Review and obtain a hardship license for the entire administrative suspension time,
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) publishes a manual on how the Field Sobriety Exercises are to be performed and graded by the arresting officer?
- Many police officers do not know what the NHTSA manual requires for a proper investigation,
- Many DUI lawyers do NOT own a copy of the manual! I have a copy of every NHTSA manual ever published,
- The police do not have to videotape a DUI investigation unless there is a specific department policy,
- Refusing the breath test can be a crime! Call and learn why a Formal Review is important to protect you in the future,
- You may be eligible to drive the ENTIRE DUI suspension period by obtaining hardship licenses!
- Some DUI attorneys have never tried a DUI case as a criminal defense attorney!
- There are national organizations for DUI lawyers to share information, ideas, and educate each other,
- There are DUI officers and Drug Recognition Officers (DRE),
- Even though you have a valid prescription for the medication you are taking, you can be arrested and convicted for DUI while taking that medication,
- The prosecutor is required to prove that a driver was impaired “at the time of driving”, however many breath tests do not occur until hours after an arrest.
- A person can be charged with Driving Under the Influence of Drugs even if the drug was legally prescribed medication from a doctor,
- A felony DUI can be very serious and result in a substantial period of imprisonment.
- There are many ways a driver can end up charged with a felony DUI,
- The majority of DUI penalties are mandated by statute,
- A DUI conviction stays with you for your entire lifetime!
- A DUI conviction will prevent you from sealing or expunging your criminal record!
- Some insurance companies immediately cancel your insurance upon arrest!
- A driver must be “in custody” before the police have to read the driver their Miranda rights,
- A Motion to Suppress requests the judge to throw out evidence in your case and some Motions to Suppress can result in your DUI charge being dismissed,
- Many police departments have policies that must be followed by the DUI officer when making a DUI arrest, I have copies of these polices!
If you have been arrested for DUI, retain a DUI attorney that is part of the National College for DUI Defense (NCDD) and the DUI Defense Lawyers Association (DUIDLA).
Retain an DUI attorney who is experienced and knowledge about DUI’s in order to get the best defense and the best result to your Driving Under the Influence case.
DON'T HESITATE!!! PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS!!!
CALL DUI LAWYER THOMAS C. GRAJEK NOW !!!
Because you only have 10 days to request a Formal Review or get a hardship license!